BYG-1 T&E Test Engineer
We are currently seeking an entry level BYG-1Test Engineer to be part of our dynamic, high exposure test team.
The Test Engineer will provide technical support in the area of the Strategic Weapon System (SWS) Fire Control System. The Test Engineer performs all necessary test and evaluation, milestones, test events, platform builds for the submarine fleet, and high-visibility development builds for testing cutting edge systems. The Test Engineer position carries a high level of exposure, and commands focus, flexibility, and the desire to continuously learn from each its team members. If this describes you we urge you to apply today!
He/she must be equipped and able to work as part of a highly skilled and multi-functional, multi-disciplined team in order to maintain support and assist in BYG-1 Formal Test, Dry Runs, Regression Testing, Validation and Verification testing.
This individual will work closely with the Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to develop solutions that impact logistics and maintenance. The Test Engineer will develop plans,
Procedures, and technical documentation used to test the weapons systems; these procedures may be broken down to the step level. The Test Engineer opportunity provides unique exposure to multiple submarine baselines from legacy systems to state of the art Submarine Combat Control platforms.
Qualified test engineer applicants will have a strong background in problem-solving and analytical skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills. Test engineers must also be self-motivated, reliable to deliver on time, quick thinking, be able to work in a fast-paced work environment and be familiar and comfortable with using computer software/programs or systems engineering and analysis.
A derivative of this exposure is the development if a well-rounded, advanced level of knowledge of systems administration, network administration, software and hardware troubleshooting, and process documentation.
- Verify and assist with the testing of Payload Control Systems (PCS), Weapons Control (WC) and Tactical Control Systems (TCS) testing Participation in SE and T&E milestones including Test Readiness Review (TRR), System Design Certification Testing (SDCT), System Delivery Verification Review (SDVR), and Design readiness Review (DRR).
- Support and conduct Development Testing (DT), and Engineering Measurements Testing (EMT) including: assisting in the development of test procedures and scenarios, test conduct, execution, analysis, and PTR reporting.
- Compile Data Sheets and Evaluate Procedures.
- Perform related test report and brief generation, provide related briefs and briefing materials.
- Perform test assessment.
- Perform and assist in test, test conduct, analysis, and reporting activities with related working groups and organizations. Some off-shift support required.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Four (4) years of experience in developmental or operational T&E of tactical US Naval vessels, weapons, software or systems.
- Proven ability to successfully and efficiently monitor systems.
- Travel requirement is 10%.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance or higher is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
WORK LOCATION- Middletown, RI