Database Administrator or Software Developer with Database Experience
- MIKEL is looking for Database administrator or a Software Developer to support specific needs in database management and administration
- Software Developers with database experience will receive on the job and online training to support MIKELS requirements
- Database administrators with either Se-PostgreSQL or MS SQL experience, training will be provided to support either Se-PostgreSQL or MS SQL databases
Database Administrator Job Responsibilities:
- Develop processes for optimizing database and security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
Database Administration Qualification/Skills:
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational data modeling and dimensional data modeling
- Fundamental mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Certificate or Bachelor’s degree in Software Development or related database fields
- One to three years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or computer software development
- Knowledge of or experience with Windows Server environment and Linux
- Web Development, java application development is a plus
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, Se-PostgreSQL)