Database Administrator Job Responsibilities:
- Develop processes for optimizing database and security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
Database Administration Qualification/Skills:
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational data modeling and dimensional data modeling
- Fundamental mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Certificate or Bachelor’s degree in related database fields
- One to three years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- Knowledge of or experience with Windows Server environment and Linux
- Web Development is a plus
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with No-SQL and accumulo database
- Department of Defense secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.