- Provide financial and administrative assistance, including financial management/contract coordination actions for various programs including overall financial planning, cost estimating, budget preparation, forecasting, labor planning and expenditure tracking
- Provide financial and technical status reporting
- Examine budget estimates or proposals for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives.
- Track cumulative monthly/yearly expenditures charged to various projects.
- Monitor the status of incoming and outgoing funding documents and modifications.
- Assist the program management team in managing and monitoring contract funding
- Prepare various financial reports and funding projections, upon request.
- Correspond with employees; respond to inquiries regarding charge codes, contract activity, etc.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience required; experience with budgeting, accounting applications and cost analysis in a Government environment preferred.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail; effective at organizing, prioritizing and multi-tasking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
- Must be able to begin work as soon as practicable.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and the ability to adapt to new computer programs
- Some knowledge in Deltek CostPoint would be desirable but not required
- Desire to be a team player and work as part of a group
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail; effective at organizing, prioritizing and multi-tasking.
- Experience with budget, accounting applications and cost analysis in a Government environment a plus.