Computer Engineer II
Education: BSEE required (MSEE or MSCE desirable)
Experience: Approximately 3 to 10 years of work experience as described below.
- Hardware design and implementation. The hardware implementation will be in the form of either a subsystem or a prototype.
- A member of a team that transitioned a concept or design into a prototype or product.
- Bringing the subsystem or prototype developed into field experimentation, or integrating it into a complex system for use by commercial or defense customers.
- Signal processing
- Experience in the use of lab equipment and test techniques.
- A working knowledge of one or more high-level programming languages, such as Java or C++.
- Experience with analytic tools or a numerical computing environment such as MATLAB.
- Experience in firmware design (proprietary or non-proprietary) is desirable.
- Analyzing test results and documenting them in a form and format that is easily understood by other technologist.
Job Description: The job requires an electrical engineer to design, develop and test hardware, firmware and software components and prototypes for undersea-related applications. It requires knowledge of signal processing techniques, and analytic knowledge and skills. The person must be able to work as part of a team that engages in every phase of system life cycle; from conception of an idea to the fielding of a prototype. The person must document test results and present them to customers, when required. The person maintains knowledge of state-of-the-art technology. The job requires travel – some of which involves working aboard surface ships and submarines – and it requires interaction with personnel from other companies, government organizations and military commands.