Cybersecurity Specialist works with System Engineering personnel in order to incorporate official cyber requirements and security best practices into the development of networked and stand-alone IT systems. Specific job tasks and requirements include:
- Prepare detailed reports and standard artifacts in support of high quality DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment & Authorization package submissions.
- Assess and document security posture of IT systems using approved tools and techniques.
- Identify and communicate mitigation and remediation strategies.
- Perform system patching and hardening in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Creatively adapt guidance to unique situations and implement custom cybersecurity strategies and solutions.
- Respond to and collaborate with assigned reviewers to provide additional information requests.
The Cybersecurity Specialist position requires a bachelor’s degree in a specialized area, field or the equivalent.
Department of Defense secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.