ILS Technical Writer
The position provides an opportunity to develop and advance the cutting-edge technology that supports our nation’s fundamental defense services. Employees work closely with the government to develop solutions that allow them to carry out submarine missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to deliver end-to-end solutions in mission systems integration, development, and operations support to the fleet and organization.
Seeking a creative and self-motivated, Digital Technical Writer, who is quick thinking, works well with clients and co-workers and very dependable, to develop Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) content data and/or training curriculum support.
Candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of IETM and/or training curriculum, and technical manuals standards/procedures. Be able to review and conduct analysis of engineering/technical data and drawings to gather pertinent information required for the development of IETMs. Most of the development work will be performed in a government provided development environment. All prospective candidates must have a clear understanding of technical manual structure and be familiar with DoD IETM and Tech Manual guidelines and processes. Help authoring tools, and video/audio editing experience is a plus.
Desired Skill Sets/Experience
- Military experience a plus
- Interface with engineers and technical professionals in the writing, editing, and publication of various types of documentation
- Extensive knowledge of technical documentation, with an emphasis in IETM development
- IETM development using XML content management data base applications is preferred
- Skilled with graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- MilStd24784C and/or S1000D Experience a plusThe ILS position requires a BS/BA in computer science, graphic design, XML publishing/development or related field is desired. Equivalent experience can be substituted for a degree if the experience is directly related to the authoring of Electronic Technical Manuals (ETMs) or IETMs.
Department of Defense secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.