LCS System Engineer – Analyst
MIKEL, INC is actively seeking a System Engineer to provide support to the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Mission Package (MP) program at NUWCDIVNPT. The Candidate will provide the following engineering support functions:
- Establish & maintain a configuration management system for tracking new and existing software used for acoustic modeling of sonar systems, controls and displays utilized for all LCS ASW MP analyses
- Perform MATLAB programming to develop, maintain and update the user interface to existing Acoustic Modeling software suite of Oceanographic and Atmospheric Master Library (OAML) models, OAML databases and Sonar, Environmental Analysis (SEA) tools which provide analysis support of the AN/SQS-62 Variable Depth Sonar (VDS) and TB-37 Multi-Function Towed Array (MFTA) test and evaluation and system requirements verification.
- Review and update Sonar Analysis Facility (SAF) software documentation for the developed OAML and SEA tools
- Conducting general engineering investigation and analysis
- Active Secret Clearance
- Four (4) year Degree in Engineering with seven (7) years of experience or minimum thirteen (13) years of engineering functions in the U.S. Navy.
- Knowledge of Navy Surface Ship Combat Systems: AN/SQQ-89, AN/SQQ-90, AEGIS is desired
- Ability to perform technical investigations on issues identified during engineering activities (e.g., development, integration, installation, T&E, qualification and certification)
- Full knowledge and experience writing MATLAB code and using MATLAB for analysis
- Software development and test principles
- Analytical ability to define problems, collect necessary data, establish facts, and to take recommended action based upon applicable established guidelines
- Effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a team environment
Department of Defense Secret or above security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
WORK LOCATION- Newport, RI