LCS System Engineer – I&T
MIKEL, INC is actively seeking a System Engineer to provide support to the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Mission Package (MP) program at NUWCDIVNPT. The Candidate will provide the following engineering support functions:
- Perform technical investigations on issues identified during ongoing engineering activities of ASW Mission Package and Mission Module requirements generation, design, development, and overall documentation review. Identify issues and impacts to ASW MP Specifications specifically considering the integration impacts; provide recommendations for system solutions.
- Review documentation and recommend updates of ASW Mission Package and Mission Module hardware, human, and software subsystems documentation as required, to reflect refinement of design thru Preliminary Design Review (PDR). Shall identify documentation updates including the system functions, their interfaces and interactions, allocation of system performance requirements to those functions, and relationships of system functions to operational functions
- Develop System Engineering documentation including performance specifications, system engineering management plans, design documents, measurement analysis plans, and engineering change proposals.
- Develop and deliver input material for the ASW MP Integration Plan. Analyze selected ASW Mission Package components and LCS Ship Interface Control Document to determine integration plan for mission modules into a cohesive deployed mission package.
- Support occasional travel to the following LCS ASW MP Integration and test sites. LMC in Manassas, Va. for interface testing between Mission Package Computing Environment (MPCE) and ACB-13 SW. General Dynamics, Pittsfield Mass for interface testing between the LCS Combat System and ASW MP.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Four (4) year Degree in Engineering with seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience or minimum thirteen (13) to sixteen (16) years of engineering functions in the U.S. Navy.
- Knowledge of Navy Surface Ship Combat Systems: AN/SQQ-89, AN/SQQ-90, AEGIS is desired
- Knowledge of Navy Surface Ship Towed Array Handling & Stowage Gear (H&SG) systems is desirable
- Ability to perform technical investigations on issues identified during engineering activities (e.g., development, integration, installation, T&E, qualification and certification)
- Analytical ability to define problems, collect necessary data, establish facts, and to take recommended action based upon applicable established guidelines
- Software development and test principles
- Effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a team environment
Department of Defense Secret or above security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
WORK LOCATION- Newport, RI