Lead Algorithm Engineer
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, or Computer Science
- 7 years of professional technical development. This includes direct hardware and software algorithm development in the areas of acoustic signal processing, multi-sensor multi-target tracking, acoustic wave propagation modeling, and information fusion.
- 3 years of requirements development, business development, and customer interface. This includes customer interface in both a technical and financial capacity.
- Strong written skills and oral presentation skills.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science
- U.S. Navy technology development and acquisition experience
- Position Duties
MIKEL is seeking a competent, self-starting, collaborative, and experienced lead engineer to both direct technical projects and interface closely with MIKEL’s customers. MIKEL is a leader in the development of innovative submarine combat system hardware and software algorithms that truly excel. The development of such algorithms requires an intimidate knowledge of current and future U.S. Navy needs, DoD acquisition methods, and a command of applicable current research in the domains of acoustic signal processing, multi-sensor multi-target tracking, acoustic wave propagation modeling, and information fusion. The desired envisioned role is one where the candidate will heavily contribute to hardware and software algorithm development, derive system requirements, direct a small team effort (on the order of 5 – 8 team members), and interface with MIKEL’s customers in both technical and financial capacities. For highly qualified candidates, MIKEL will provide highly valuable and intimate mentorship and exposure to the complex nuances of the DoD business and research environments.