Planned Maintenance System Support Position
This is a full-time position supporting Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC)
Code 15 working with the Navy On-Site Team at Lockheed Martin, Manassas, VA.
Position location is at Lockheed Martin, Manassas Virginia.
● Support NUWC Code 15 and NAVSEA PMS 401 in the continuous
development and maintenance of the Planned Maintenance System (PMS) for
submarine SONAR (including AN/BQQ-10, AN/WLY-1 AI&R, and AN/WQC-7 HAIL).
● As the PMS Program Administrator lead, duties will include:
○ Coordination, monitoring, and review of contractor (such as LMCO,
Progeny, GD/AIS) developed PMS products. Timely resolution of PMS
documentation issues and PMS documentation publication to meet system
deliver schedules is required.
○ Establish and monitor PMS documentation schedules to ensure timely
delivery to fleet users.
○ Investigating and resolving Technical Feed Back Reports (TFBR) on
PMS products from the fleet users.
○ Development and publication of new PMS documentation and procedures,
outside the typical responsibility of the (RCM) contractors (E.g. MFOP Data
Collection, Array Dental Charts data manipulation, and Performance
Monitoring Team (PMT) support).
○ Provide engineering support for PMT MRC issues.
○ Provide status of PMS documentation development, issues, and
schedules to NUWC and NUWC PMS 401 personnel.
○ Attending and participating in regular planning meetings providing
input, status and feedback to Govt. sponsors and other DOD contractors.
● Provide periodic (weekly and monthly) task status reports to support
contract reporting requirements.
● Applicant must be familiar with Navy PMS programs including
Reliability Centered Maintenance, NAVSEAINST 4790.8 series Ships 3-M Systems
Manual, and MIL-STD-3034 Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) processes
● Levels I and II RCM certification is highly desirable and
certification and/or re-certification will be required.
● Ability to multi-task and establish task priorities.
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
● Possess excellent organization and personal interaction skills.
● Possess Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) experience.
● Limited business travel is anticipated (once a month).
● High school diploma or equivalent. Additional college education is
● US Navy 3-M system and PMS experience.
● Familiarity with Submarine SONAR systems.
● Must possess and retain a DOD Secret security clearance.