- Procurement professionals work very closely with external suppliers as well as with internal customers including program managers, programs, manufacturing, planning, engineering and mission assurance /quality.
- Review, assess, and approve of purchase requisitions to assure all criteria and requirements are included / addressed.
- Review the Justification for other than Full and Open Competition to assure its completeness.
- Work with and assist Requesters with their preparation of RFQs (requests for quotes) to suppliers.
- Review supplier quotes, address any exceptions to MIKEL Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Support negotiations with suppliers to achieve fair and reasonable results. If applicable, perform supplier assessments with the program team to finalize supplier selection.
- Formally document purchase orders including details of summary of award; source justification; price analysis methodology; negotiation strategy and summary; performance to budget / target; and risk assessment.
- Issue purchase orders.
- Perform routine post-award management activities including PO acknowledgement, delivery status, expedites, risk mitigation, work with the Property Administrator on receiving issues and Accounts Payable on invoice issues.
- Support communication meetings between suppliers and internal customers.
- Prompt and timely respond to all internal customer requests.
- May be required to participate in supplier development activities.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Must be a US Citizen and have ability to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively in a dynamic, fast paced, changing environment.
- Excellent organization and time management skills – must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet team performance cadence.
- Strong interpersonal and influential skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with internal customers.
- Proficiency to perform and comprehend price and cost analysis, source selection/justification, analysis of supplier quotation.
- Demonstrated understanding of all phases of sourcing and procurement execution.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills – influence, presence, ability to interface internally and with suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to place and manage high volume of Government purchase orders to FAR and DFARS requirements.
- Negotiation skills (internal, across the businesses; external with suppliers) – ability to support negotiations and teleconferences (price, schedule and supplier exceptions to contractual flow down requirements).
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate new information, processes and tools and adapt to change.
- Ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate across the enterprise in a virtual environment.
- Proposal expertise and understanding of all phases of sourcing and procurement execution.
- Support program travel needs to visit supplier upon request.
- Efficient and knowledge of Deltek Cost-Point, and other procurement tools.
- DoD procurement experience and knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS).
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business management, financial, engineering/science or an equivalent degree.