Program Support II – AN/BYG-1 Fleet Support
- Support AN/BYG-1 Fleet Support in any tasks required including:
- Responding to current Fleet issues, including Fleet messages, development of Fleet Advisories and working with program SMEs on SUBs message responses.
- Attending AN/BYG-1 meetings as required. Taking notes/actions and providing feedback to ISEA team, including filling in at meetings for AN/BYG-1 Fleet Support Lead if necessary.
- Completing daily SUBs/CASREPs/Fleet Correspondence spreadsheet and providing to NUWC program SMEs and Program Office (PMS 425) via SIPR.
- Development of Fleet Common Issues Tracker, tracking Fleet issues for program use by TI/APB.
- Being a member of the System Note Working Group and assisting the program in technical documentation review and updates as required, including verification of procedures in NUWC test bays.
- Developing quarterly Fleet Newsletter (TOCSIN) with proper organization of information and correct grammatical/technical details. Working across program and with other NUWC technical codes to obtain required information.
- Completing any other tasks requested by team leads to support the completion of Fleet Support products, such as assisting in the maintaining and organization of technical information, supporting CM/ILS documentation review, and obtaining access to all databases required for completion of tasks.
- No travel is required for this position. The individual will have the opportunity to go to Groton to support installations with a NUWC Install SME (estimate 2 times per year) to better understand the combat system.
- The individual may be requested to support emergency Fleet issues, requiring coming in the office on off hours to respond to the Fleet chat alarm or staying later to support real world Combat/Strike events. This is rare, but may be required once the individual is up to speed.
- The individual requires NMCI SIPR.
- The individual will be seated in SC2 at NUWC.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelors level degree in any field, or 5 to 7 years of experience in Fleet Support/Systems Engineering
- Maintain high attention to detail to ensure accuracy of data
- Ability to correspond with the Fleet, the program office, and NUWC program leads on a professional level
- Technical writing of Fleet messages and documentation
- Strong commnunication skills and ability to work well with individuals of various personality types and various levels (Fleet, program offices, NUWC Leads, TPM, CHENG, etc.