- Maintain a wide variety of financial and other program records, and verifying statistical reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Collects, reviews and analyzes information to make recommendations to the Program Manager.
- Uses some subject-matter knowledge and judgement to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps that vary in nature and sequence.
- Assists in the preparation and tracking of budgets, estimates and proposals for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives.
- Perform systems analyst functions – to include proposing solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity; working closely, as directed, with the customer; conduct studies to develop new systems for the program.
- Provides assistance in the preparation of annual and monthly budgets.
- Applies configuration management principles and practices to a technical program.
- Assists with a program’s integrated logistics process, and developing supporting policies, procedures and systems to implement guidance.
- Provides administrative support in organizing, scheduling and coordinating program meetings, including generation of meeting materials.
Specific Job Requirements
- High School degree required
- Post High School education – such as Associates Degree or BA in Business or related field, or a related Certificate program are highly desirable
Experience: The candidate with the rights skills is more important than a specific number of years of experience. Generally speaking, but certainly not necessarily, it is more likely that a person with zero to five years of experience will be better suited to the nature and demands of this position than would be a person with extensive experience in these areas. Experience in the following areas is relevant:
- Demonstrated success in a team environment
- Administrative Support and Servicing
- Sales or retail
- Familiarity and reasonable proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word are required.
- Good communication skills.
- Minimal – three or less trips per year, with each trip typically less than one-week duration.
Preferred Expertise & Skills
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Project
- Experience with DoD programs
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is a requirement within one year from hire. The candidate will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within MIKEL facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.