SSUSW System Engineer
MIKEL, INC is actively seeking a System Engineer to provide support to the Surface Ship Undersea Warfare (SSUSW) programs at NUWCDIVNPT. The Candidate will provide the following engineering support functions:
- Ship modernization & Acquisition management of CG-47, DDG-51, DDG-1000, LCS, FFGx, LSC programs
- Support Design, Production, Integration, Test, Certification and ISS for all SSUSW programs
- Conduct design documentation reviews: Design Requirements, Engineering Design Data Packages (EDDP), Production Drawings (PD) and Engineering Change Proposal (ECP)
- Review design & production test procedures & support test events (PVT, EQT, PIT/PRAT, GAT/FAT)
- Conduct installation documentation reviews (ICD, TDP, SIDs, LARs)
- Review Installation & Checkout test procedures& support test events (PICO, INCO, CSSQT)
- Conduct Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) documentation reviews (OGM, IETM, MIPs/MRCs, ..).
- Conduct Physical Configuration Audits (PCA)
- Conducting general engineering investigation and analysis
- Debugging surface ship sonar combat system problems in the laboratory and onboard ship
- Design and test potential SW & HW fixes in the laboratory and onboard ship
- Acquire authorization for design changes through the use of ECPs
- Document findings in System Engineering Notebooks (SEN)
- Occasional travel is required to combat system land based design, development, integration, production, and test sites, modernization & new construction shipyards, homeports & onboard ship during underway periods
- Active Secret Clearance
- Four (4) year Degree in Engineering with seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience or minimum thirteen (13) to sixteen (16) years of engineering functions in the U.S. Navy.
- Knowledge of Navy SSUSW: CRUDES AN/SQQ-89 (V)15, DDG-1000 AN/SQQ-90, LCS AN/SQQ-89 (V)16, AEGIS, COMBATTS-21 is desired
- Knowledge and experience with the AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15/16 System Advanced Capability Build (ACB) software and Technical Insertion (TI) hardware is desired
- Knowledge & experience with OK-410, OK-683 and DART Towed Array Handling & Stowage Gear
- Software development and test, Linux O/S, Networking, Web & Cloud based systems, Virtual Systems
- Analytical ability to define problems, collect necessary data, establish facts, and to take recommended action based upon applicable established guidelines
- Effective communication, both verbal and written & ability to work in a team environment
- Familiarity with computer hardware and software; proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, MS Office Suite, especially Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Department of Defense Secret or above security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
WORK LOCATION- Newport, RI