Systems Engineer III/IV, Specialized Analysis Position
This is a full-time position supporting Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC)
Code 15. Position location is at Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC),
Newport Rhode Island
● Support NUWC Code 15 by performing Acoustic Rapid
Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Insertion (ARCI) Engineering Measurement
Plan (AEMP) studies from real world data (At-Sea Recorded Data Sets GFM) to
compare AN/BQQ-10 sonar systems and assess improvements as a function of
Advanced Processing Builds (APBs) relative to interpretation of system
● Process and analyze operational data to assess system performance in
accordance with system technical requirements.
● Support and conduct data exchanges with Undersea Warfighting
Development Center (UWDC) towards resolving fleet needs.
● Analyze test data collected during ARCI In-Plant and At-Sea
Developmental testing in support of technical investigations of the
AN/BQQ-10 Sonar system assessment against applicable requirements.
● Perform in-depth MATLAB programming to maintain and update the
NUWC-developed Acoustic Data and Analysis Tool (ADAT) or equivalent, which
provides analysis support of the AN/BQQ-10 ARCI modernized software.
● Interpret, read, and resolve issues within the AN/BQQ-10 Sonar
System data messaging/middleware structures to support at-sea test result
analysis and also have in-depth knowledge of data set reconstruction formats
and structures for real-time adjustment to support analysis.
● Analyze data from in-plant and dockside test events to ensure
compliance with the A-RCI TEMP and Requirements Specification, documenting
discrepancies for entry as features in the Lockheed Martin JIRA database.
● Perform in depth analyses in support of performance specification
development in specific areas including beam-formation and detection
● U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret Security
● MS degree with research experience in underwater acoustics,
electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, applied mathematics
or related field
● Strong scientific programming skills in MATLAB
● Ability to multi-task and establish task priorities.
● 5 or more years of Navy ASW operational experience and/or equivalent
work experience in an ASW related technical field
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
● Possess Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) experience.
● Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
● Effective oral and written communication abilities
● Limited business travel is anticipated (once a month).
● Working knowledge of AN/BQQ-10 Test & Evaluation Measurement Plan
(TEMP) and associated requirements is desired.