Systems Engineer IV
• Provide Systems Engineering services to the Systems Engineering and Integration Code 25 (Combat Systems) Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport.
• In the systems engineer role, has the responsibility to be the SSBN Non-Propulsion Electronic Systems (NPES) Subject Matter expert on all aspects of the Strategic Systems Programs Shipboard Integration (SSI) Programs. This support includes participating in and presenting (design impacts, testing options, schedules, status updates, and performing real time analysis/feedback on complex issues) at programmatic meetings such as Working Groups (SSIWG), Design Working Groups (DWG’s), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR’s), Development and Deployment Team (DDT) meetings, and Critical Design Reviews (CDR).
• In the systems engineer role, has the responsibility to provide a full spectrum of systems engineering and Test and Evaluation (T&E) services associated with all aspects of the OHIO Class Modernization program including the design, verification, and integration (including system documentation) of the Navigation Processor Unit (NPU) and ship board sensors (Speed logs, Depth Detectors, and Gyro) within the framework of the Submarine Warfare Federated Tactical Systems (SWFTS) integration testing paradigm.
• In the systems engineer role, has the responsibility of developing test plans and procedures in association with Temporary Engineering Changes (TEC), performing data analysis, platform and lab operational assessments on the USNS Waters (T-AGS 45), SSBN Dockside (Kings Bay, GA), WRS Systems Sensor Lab, Lockheed Martin Mitchell Field, NY lab, Applied Research Lab (APL) Penn State, Warminster, PA, and the Life Cycle Support Facility (LCSF).
• Provide technical mentorship to junior members of the team.