- Work as part of a team to develop, test and or deploy a system to a customer.
- Use an interdisciplinary approach to enable realization of complex systems.
- Analysis of user needs to formulate complete, accurate, and testable requirements.
- Apply a systematic process and tools to support integration of all disciples and specific subject-matter-experts (SMEs) to form a structured development process from concept to operation and life-cycle support.
- Support system development of electronic systems, components, circuits for use within SANS or other MIKEL R&D projects.
- Apply the principles and techniques of engineering and mathematics to develop, test and evaluate the systems requirements and allocation of functionality, required for underwater self-track and precision navigation.
Specific Job Requirements
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or multidisciplinary engineering with a GPA of 3.0 (or higher) from an accredited state university or equivalent institution is required.
- MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited university is preferred.
- Ten to fifteen years of experience in areas and domains related to the responsibilities cited above, and the technical requirements listed below
- Familiarity with system development methodologies, tools and processes – to include activities such as IPTs, scrums, resolution testing.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a technology development team that delivered products to customers.
- Understands and has used system life cycle program management and processes.
- Produce project schedule and project planning, including implementation and back out plans.
- Ability to allocate resources and track project spending.
- Ability to coordinate task execution and issue resolution.
- Generally familiar with computer programming.
- Skilled at building and using work breakdown structures and schedules for complex system development.
- Ability to communicate schedules and project plans to fellow team members and executive leadership.
- Travel may be frequent at times; e.g. monthly trips of one week or more in duration, to include at-sea field trips on surface ships or submarines.
Preferred Expertise & Skills
- General and working familiarity with the hardware capabilities and software languages and operating systems mentioned above.
- Experience with DoD programs – and the undersea warfare domain in particular.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is a requirement within one year from hire. The candidate will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within MIKEL facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.