Tomahawk Weapon Control Systems (TWCS) Test and Evaluation (T&E) Technician
- Technical test planning, test preparation, test conduct, data analysis, test reporting, failure analysis and issue resolution of United States Submarine Tomahawk Weapon Control Systems. The majority of efforts are classified and are required to be performed in Government and Contractor laboratories and within shipboard environments both dockside and at-sea.
- Will be responsible for performing TTWCS and Tomahawk Command and Control System (TC2S) Development Testing, Integration Testing and Evaluation with
- Submarine Combat Systems
- Tomahawk Weapon Compatibility Tests
- Tomahawk and Submarine Combat System Dockside and At-sea alignment tests
- TWS failure analysis and issues resolutions.
- Develop or revise:
- Temporary Alteration Packages (TEMPALTs) for United States Navy Submarines
- Technical test plans
- Technical test reports
- Technical test results
- Technical papers and technical briefings
- Provides technical recommendations to United States Navy Submarine Force and Government and Contractor technical personnel and NUWCDIVNPT Management.
- Participates in planning and conducting land based, dockside, and at sea test events for Submarine Combat Systems, Virginia Class Submarine, and Submarine Tomahawk Weapon Control Systems
- Develops and provides reports on test conduct, data analysis, results, and recommendations to Participating Managers (PARMS) related to Test and Evaluation of Submarine Combat Systems and Submarine Tomahawk Weapon Control Systems
- Ability to analyze and resolve integration & test issues
- Support Tomahawk program and Code 2513 participation in DIVNPT’s annual investment process by recommending areas of focus relevant to PEO (U&W) and TWCS future objectives and capabilities.
- Participates in working group meetings, Tomahawk Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings and various program review forums
- This position requires up to 30% travel to other government and contractor facilities.
- Required to be experienced in operating:
- Tomahawk Guidance Test Sets (GTS)
- Tactical Tomahawk Guidance Test Sets (TTGTS)
- Tomahawk External Data Extraction System (TEDES)
- Multi-Tube Weapon Simulator (MTWS)
- Overall system technical knowledge of the Tomahawk Weapons Control System (TWCS), Tomahawk Missile Simulators, AN/BYG-1 Combat Systems, Global Command and Control System–Maritime (GCCS-M).
- Experience with Tomahawk interface specifications (JCM-1832)
- Experience, knowledge, and ability to repair/maintain various Tomahawk missile simulators (Tomahawk Guidance Test Set, Mk-101, Mk-112, Multi-Tube Weapons Simulator)
- Experience and ability to deal effectively with high ranking military and civilian personnel on technical matters.
- Capability to analyze and resolve complex technical and implementation issues.
- Tomahawk simulator electronics troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair experience
- Ability to conduct Weapon and Submarine Combat System failure analysis investigations and issue resolution
Department of Defense secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.